cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

PDF Created from WF4

mashton-2
13-Aquamarine

PDF Created from WF4

Does anyone know if there is a way to change the line ends to mitre when a PDF is created from a drawing in WF4? Currently they square off as in the image.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

zoom out? 

Tried looking for this a while back ago and could not find anything to adjust this.

I do have a .dop file to auto set printing features (stroke fonts, for example) but mitering is not one of them.

Yeah it is only when you zoom in that it ooks a bit scrappy. I'm sure I have seen some line end options but it may have been on another CAD package AutoCAD or I-Deas perhaps.

This can be managed using Postscript output and manually editing it to:

1 setlinecap

1 setlinejoin

Then distill with Adobe Acrobat Distiller, Ghostscript, or your favorite.

In later versions PTC added these for PDF SAVE-AS/EXPORT, but never fixed Postscript.

I don't think it goes back that far, but the config items PDF_LINECAP and PDF_LINEJOIN

mashton-2
13-Aquamarine
(To:dschenken)

Dave

I knew I had seen somthing like that somewhere. I will try it as it might be useful.

Thanks

Top Tags