cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

PDF's: Saving Multi-tabbed drawings as individual sheets/pages

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

PDF's: Saving Multi-tabbed drawings as individual sheets/pages

Since our old system (pre-pdf's) was set up that each tab on a DRW was set up as a separate DWG. It has been decided that each tab needs to be a separate PDF. Any thoughts on how to separate this out? Either during the export process or after the fact?

We do not have a large amount of multi-tab(sheet) drawings, so separating them after export could work too, but during the export process would be even better.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Dale_Rosema)

Pro-Work Around:

I save the drawings as .dwg's (which is only single tab per page) and then save the .dwg's to .pdf's.

Not pretty, but a solution for now.

Thanks,

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
StephenW
23-Emerald II

After the fact, most PDF editors will break out sheets as PDFs. I use Bluebeam but I think most do the same.

You might be able to make a mapkey that would do it directly from Creo!!! Just don't expect to be able to add text in from of the filename!

StephenW_0-1660837745717.png

TomU
23-Emerald IV

SmartAssembly can do this easily, but it's not free.  I wonder if something like CREOSON could automate it (for free).

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Currently I am opening the multi page pdf and printing to a pdf 1 page at a time.

Hi,

You can create AutoIt script.

Usage:

1. open drawing
  2. activate 1st sheet
  3. run AutoIt script
  4. AutoIt script displays window which enables you to set prefix of PDF filename (-OR- stop script execution)
  5. set prefix and press OK
  6. AutoIt script generates savePDF trail file -AND- makes Creo to replay savePDF trail file
  7. AutoIt script  pauses and displays window which enables you to set prefix of PDF filename (-OR- stop script execution)
  8. activate 2nd sheet
  9. repeat steps 5 (AutoIt repeats steps 6-7)
  10. and so on ...

Martin Hanák
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Pro-Work Around:

I save the drawings as .dwg's (which is only single tab per page) and then save the .dwg's to .pdf's.

Not pretty, but a solution for now.

Thanks,

Top Tags