cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

PTC Creo Parametric help icon

asubramanian-4
4-Participant

PTC Creo Parametric help icon

Hi,

When we click on the PTC Creo Parametric help icon, we get an error message:

"Creo Help Center on http://help.ptc.com/ could not be accessed. Check your internet access. For offline access to help, install the help center locally. See the installation guide for details"

Could someone help me with the settings relevant to ensure the help icon leads to the correct link for help. We do not want to install the help locally.

thanks

Ananth

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

1.] download PTC Help installation media (zip file)

help.png2.] unzip zip file

3.] run setup.exe

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Hi,

which Creo version do you use ?

I do not understand why local installation is not acceptable for you ...

Martin Hanák

I am having a similar issue.  My company has a permanent license for CREO 1.0.  I recently installed on a new PC and everything works except "HELP".  Went back to the old PC and HELP works fine.  There is no "local installation" option for CREO 1.0 via ptcsetup.

Bob...

@robert.kidwell wrote:

I am having a similar issue.  My company has a permanent license for CREO 1.0.  I recently installed on a new PC and everything works except "HELP".  Went back to the old PC and HELP works fine.  There is no "local installation" option for CREO 1.0 via ptcsetup.

Bob...

Hi,

I am sorry i can't help you. Creo 1.0 is dead for a long time and I do not have it installed on my PC.

Martin Hanák

I was able to find the disk to install local help for 1.0

Thanks for replying.

Bob

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your response. We use CREO Parametric 3.0. One thing I noticed is that there is no folder called creo_help_pma within our CREO directories.

This is how our M090 folder is:

The help folder is within Common Files and here are the contents of the help folder:

With the current set-up please let me know what could have gone wrong. 

Thanks,

Ananth

Looks like the pictures have not been saved correctly within the message. So posting those again within an attachment.

@asubramanian-4 wrote:

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your response. We use CREO Parametric 3.0. One thing I noticed is that there is no folder called creo_help_pma within our CREO directories.

This is how our M090 folder is:

The help folder is within Common Files and here are the contents of the help folder:

With the current set-up please let me know what could have gone wrong. 

Thanks,

Ananth

Hi,

currently you cannot access PTC Help via internet from CR3 M090. It is a bug. Therefore you have to install Help locally.

Note: In CR3 M150 PTC Help via internet works well.

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin,

thanks for your response. Much appreciated. Can you advise how to get the help copy installed locally? 

Regards,

Ananth

Hi,

1.] download PTC Help installation media (zip file)

help.png2.] unzip zip file

3.] run setup.exe

Martin Hanák
Top Tags