cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

PTC Creo drawing pdf prints out faint

rohit_rajan
13-Aquamarine

PTC Creo drawing pdf prints out faint

Why does my print which is printed from a PTC Creo drawing pdf prints very faint?

If i take out direct print out of the drawing without making a pdf everything prints fine.

6 REPLIES 6

@rohit_rajan wrote:

Why does my print which is printed from a PTC Creo drawing pdf prints very faint?

If i take out direct print out of the drawing without making a pdf everything prints fine.

Hi,

please check whether config.pro file contains following option

pdf_use_pentable YES

Martin Hanák

Also it is necessary to upload an example of the problem.

Martin Hanák

Yes Mark that config.pro option is set to yes.

kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:rohit_rajan)

Are you printing are large drawing at a small size.  An E size drawing makes an E size PDF.  When an E size PDF is printed on an A size paper, all of the lines will be much thinner.

Another possibility is the conversion of color to gray scale with the PDF while the direct print is printed in black and white.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
rohit_rajan
13-Aquamarine
(To:kdirth)

I would just confirm if its a large size sheet being printing in a smaller size paper.

Your thread should really be in the "detailing" forum, but, it may be a pentable issue like I was having.  Go here, download the file and save it on your hard drive and make the config.pro changes (especially the path to the pentable file), and print some PDF's.  Please let me know if this works for you, feedback is appreciated!

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Detailing-MBD-MBE/The-pentable-issue-rears-it-s-ugly-head-again/m-p/628197#M28169

Top Tags