cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

PTC Product Idea Submission - ability to turn off scale text under section and detail views in drawings. Please vote.

bradlawrence
9-Granite

PTC Product Idea Submission - ability to turn off scale text under section and detail views in drawings. Please vote.

PTC Product Idea Submission -

I am proposing a config option or drawing option (dtl) where you can turn off the scale text under section and detail views in a drawing.  But the name of the section or detail view remains intact and parametric to the view.

We do not care about the view scale, our drawings are not printed at full scale, no measurements are taken off the drawing.

PTC created  SPR 5134479 for this subject.

Please vote or comment.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

No.

ASME Y14.3 Multi and Sectional View Drawings

and

ISO 128 Technical drawings - General principles of presentation.

these fundamental specifications require it.

I don't see why anyone would say no to this. It would be an option, and by default, could be turned on. It just allows someone who doesn't need to follow the standard the ability to turn it off.

Options are always better.

Exercise my option no standard do I

good are play within long so as rules the you Options!

(Options are good so long as you play within the rules! or so long as you play within the rules, options are good)

Not following fundamental standards will create chaos.

Point for drawings is being, clear, concise, no questions.  That is the goal for the final product.

Good luck on your endeavor!

One thing you need to accept though, is that not every company has to follow the AMSE or ISO standards. No requirement within their company to do so.

In those cases, it is best to allow the customer to do whatever they please to convey engineering data to their downstream users.

And thank you, even though this is not my endeavor - I am all for allowing options to customers that pay for a product.

Top Tags