cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

PTC is at it again - Give you something new, GOOD, not implement the new in all the right places, BA

rrich
2-Guest

PTC is at it again - Give you something new, GOOD, not implement the new in all the right places, BA

We just upgraded from WF4 M??? to M160. And of course it was good and bad an ugly.

Lets start with the new and GOOD. I found new features in creating STL files with the implementation of very tight cord heights. And 2 new check box options, for proportional control of cord and step size. See picture below.
[cid:image001.png@01CB6C70.81C0E330]
Items of note.

1. It says All Parts should be exported - Lie -only the unhidden part in green was exported - But it did tell me that too, notice the Will export 1 part text. So this is functionality not specified (shown parts only will be exported). This is a small assembly of 3 parts.

2. Notice the very small cord height it allowed. Haven't seen one that small on a 1.5"dia by 2.5" long part before, unless the accuracy was super tight. Not in this case though.

3. Notice 2 new check boxes: Use proportional ones : Step size box comes to life if you check the step size box - NEW FEATURES I have never seen before... Admittedly I can not remember the last time I have STL'ed from an Assembly. This may have been available in our last cut of WF4 but I have not verified that yet. I will try to soon.

4. How the proportional boxes affected - with settings shown 100K triangles were created. Click on proportional cord and you jump to 135K. All flat surfaces remained with big flat triangles both times.

5. Add step size to default and angle control at .5 an kept with 135K but large flats were subdivided into smaller flats about 1/6 the size. Click on proportional step and went to 140k triangles flats went to about 1/12 size. All in all the file looked very good at any of these settings. Even at angle control of 0 which put it around 51K triangles

Now for the BAD which is not full implementation of the new. I tried to look for this functionality in the part mode and it was not there. See picture.
[cid:image002.png@01CB6C74.E28C9020]
No proportional check boxes found, and cord height is much larger than from assembly. I ran the numbers

1. 50K at .5 angle and smallest cord

2. 101K at 1 angle and smallest cord

3. 105K when default step size is turned on
All files looked good but where are the new functions......????

Now the UGLY
In an IGES export an old fall back is missing. There is a grayed out check box for Facets which is no longer active. No way could I find to turn it on. Anyone have any suggestions? See picture
[cid:image003.png@01CB6C75.AF4FFF20]

Ron Rich
Senior Design Engineer
Extractors
TTI Floor Care North America
7005 Cochran Road
Glenwillow, Ohio 44139-4303
Tel (440)996-2477
Cell (440)591-9538

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags