cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Parameter for reported CG positon (Creo 2)

aparry
1-Newbie

Parameter for reported CG positon (Creo 2)

I have a large assembly and use repeat regions on a drawing to report all the parametric data from the part, such as material, finish, mass, density, quantity etc....  The benefit of the repeat region being, that it is very easy to then export that data into Excel for secondary processing. I also want to have the X,Y & Z CG values in the table.  The PRO_MP_COGX etc only reports the CG around the first CSO from in the part or assembly.  I'm looking to have the CG reported about the first CSO in the top level assembly, as you get when running a Mass Property analysis.  The only way I have at the moment is to copy and paste the data from the Information Window following a Mass Property calc.  That then takes a lot of secondary processing which is a nuisance.

On the same theme, does anyone know of a way of reporting the units of a part?  I regularly have assemblies with a combination of metric & imperial length and mass units in any combination or scale.  It would be really useful to be able to pull out a parameter and put that into the repeat region of a table to identify the reported density units.  Again, the density is reported in the part units, not the assembly units.

Any ideas on how to do this via reported parameters?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:aparry)

To your second question, here is a link to the approach I took:

Feature Parameters in Repeat Region (BOM Table)

Once setup, you could simply use the new parameter, "MASS_UNITS", to tell you what the current units are in.

Top Tags