cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Parameter value in 3D Note

Rubio74
8-Gravel

Parameter value in 3D Note

Using Creo 9 and Windchill 12.0.2.7. 

I use linenumbers from Windchill that feed my drawingtable. No issues.

Now I want to add a note, in my assembly, that reads the linenumber value. So sessionID gets involved.

So I am struggling with FID_N and SessionID but I cannot get it to work.

it works fine to read component parameter, but since a linenumber is an upstream assembly featire, I cannot get the correct the linenumber in my note. See .png attached.

Is this possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rubio74
8-Gravel
(To:pausob)

That did the job, I was fully focussed on session_id.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

If LINENUMBER is a component parameter, then having the blue text in your model note should render the result shown:

pausob_0-1683816940366.png

Rubio74
8-Gravel
(To:pausob)

That did the job, I was fully focussed on session_id.

Thanks!

Hi,

according to  https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS133915  article, you can use:

&PARAMNAME:att_mdl ... to display model parameter in note attached to model

&PARAMNAME:att_cmp ... to display component parameter in note attached to model

Martin Hanák

Thanks Martin, I will look further into these parameters. We are exploring MBD for assemblies. Of course a repeat region functionality in assy mode would be great, but that is not planned by PTC on the short term. 

@Rubio74 wrote:

Thanks Martin, I will look further into these parameters. We are exploring MBD for assemblies. Of course a repeat region functionality in assy mode would be great, but that is not planned by PTC on the short term. 

Hi,

FYI ... &LINENUMBER:att_mdl -OR- &LINENUMBER:att_cmp is universal notation and can be used for any component.

Martin Hanák

Fully agree, att_cmp workt brilliant!

upload_-aW1hZ2UwMDEucG5n-3667429365894139973..png

Top Tags