cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Parameter value in 3D Note

Rubio74
7-Bedrock

Parameter value in 3D Note

Using Creo 9 and Windchill 12.0.2.7. 

I use linenumbers from Windchill that feed my drawingtable. No issues.

Now I want to add a note, in my assembly, that reads the linenumber value. So sessionID gets involved.

So I am struggling with FID_N and SessionID but I cannot get it to work.

it works fine to read component parameter, but since a linenumber is an upstream assembly featire, I cannot get the correct the linenumber in my note. See .png attached.

Is this possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rubio74
7-Bedrock
(To:pausob)

That did the job, I was fully focussed on session_id.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

If LINENUMBER is a component parameter, then having the blue text in your model note should render the result shown:

pausob_0-1683816940366.png

Rubio74
7-Bedrock
(To:pausob)

That did the job, I was fully focussed on session_id.

Thanks!

Hi,

according to  https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS133915  article, you can use:

&PARAMNAME:att_mdl ... to display model parameter in note attached to model

&PARAMNAME:att_cmp ... to display component parameter in note attached to model

Martin Hanák

Thanks Martin, I will look further into these parameters. We are exploring MBD for assemblies. Of course a repeat region functionality in assy mode would be great, but that is not planned by PTC on the short term. 

@Rubio74 wrote:

Thanks Martin, I will look further into these parameters. We are exploring MBD for assemblies. Of course a repeat region functionality in assy mode would be great, but that is not planned by PTC on the short term. 

Hi,

FYI ... &LINENUMBER:att_mdl -OR- &LINENUMBER:att_cmp is universal notation and can be used for any component.

Martin Hanák

Fully agree, att_cmp workt brilliant!

upload_-aW1hZ2UwMDEucG5n-3667429365894139973..png

Top Tags