cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Parameters for individual Parts when multiple are used in the same drawing

MechE_Marv25
3-Visitor

Parameters for individual Parts when multiple are used in the same drawing

So I have multiple models in a single drawing, if I just select "&view_scale" it pulls the parameter from I'm not certain.  But IIRC there is a way to select the ID number for the individual component and pull up what that parameter is.

I want to say I used this successfully many years back in a large assembly and/or family table.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.   Please see the image for reference.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mkajdan
14-Alexandrite
(To:MechE_Marv25)

These images are with the assembly open.

mkajdan_0-1722543660264.png

mkajdan_1-1722543698376.png

mkajdan_2-1722543730759.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
kdirth
20-Turquoise

If you set the scale in the view properties and not follow the sheet scale, even if the same. Creo will create the note for the view.

kdirth_0-1722537249981.png

There is always more to learn in Creo.

OK sure but let's forget the note.  I'm not trying to only show the scale of 1 component.  There is a feature in CREO Parametric that allows you to do as I described above - find an ID number associated with the parameters of components in an assembly drawing, or more specially in my case the parameters of individual parts when a drawing has several models associated with it.

kdirth
20-Turquoise

The question of "where does it pull the parameter from?" is the active model in the tree.

Select view > RMB > Use Model in Tree

The model of that view will now be active in the model tree.  You can add a parameter to a note and Creo will add the appropriate session ID to it.

There is always more to learn in Creo.

Example_of_what_I_mean.png

Ok look here how this individual knows that the item they want to show the parameter for is "8."  Where is the tool that you use to deduce that?  I believe I remember a drop down and a selection tool.  Where I would click on a particular component in an assembly.  Alternatively I can just guess until I am right - but still, I'd like to remember how to locate this tool I am describing.

Add Component ID to your model tree. That will give you the internal ID that Creo needs to get the proper information.

I think the drawing overall scale is driven from the first object added to the drawing. So if adding an assembly, that will drive it. If adding multiple parts, the first one added in a view will drive the overall scale.

mkajdan
14-Alexandrite

These images are with the assembly open.

mkajdan_0-1722543660264.png

mkajdan_1-1722543698376.png

mkajdan_2-1722543730759.png

I sort of asked multiple questions and did select the 1 that answered my question but this also showed a work around so I don't would like to give it an honorable mention 😅

Top Tags