cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Parameters in Catia part files?

ptc-726111
1-Newbie

Parameters in Catia part files?

I have a question that hopefully someone who uses both Pro-E & Catia can answer. I am working on a project for a client that is currently in 3 different CAD systems: Pro/Engineer, Catia, & SolidWorks. I will not get into the exact reasons why this was done other than is was against my recommendations as the STEP files loose parametrics when moving from one CAD system to another (ex: a Pro-E assembly containing a Catia STEP subassembly that also contains a SolidWorks STEP subassembly). My opinion is it should all be in one CAD system but to upper management CAD is CAD and I cannot convince them otherwise as we are still in the prototype stage.

So, we are currently creating drawings of the Pro-E & SolidWorks subassemblies. The Pro-E parts have parameters & the SolidWorks parts have custom properties containing the description that is referenced in both the drawing title block / format & subassembly BOM. Here is my question: What is the equalivent of part parameters in Catia? I am trying to get the Catia user to use parameters, custom properties or whatever it is called in Catia to auto-populate his subassembly BOM so we can have at least some level of standardization. Can someone provide some links on how to do this in Catia? If so, that would be very helpful and I will share it with the Catia user as he would like to know how to do it.

Chris

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags