cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Part Mirrored from Sheetmetal is not Sheetmetal

DennisAbele
6-Contributor

Part Mirrored from Sheetmetal is not Sheetmetal

I am using Creo Parametric Release 6.0 and Datecode6.0.4.0

A user has a sheetmetal part (80002680) that has been mirrored (80002681). When trying to create a flat pattern for the mirrored part, it was discovered that the mirrored part is not sheetmetal part and therefore cannot be unbent. When editing the definition mirrored merge in an attempt to correct the issue, the system exits prematurely. See the attached models, trial file, and log.

Here are the errors that I faced
See Traceback Log

2 REPLIES 2
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:DennisAbele)

I had a coworker with the same problem.  We simply converted the mirrored part to sheetmetal and all is good.

I believe the issue is he started with a standard start part (not sheetmetal) and created the mirrored part as geometery only.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
sacquarone
20-Turquoise
(To:kdirth)

Hello @DennisAbele 

As you can see in little movie (end of post), the behavior you're describing here is not reproducible while starting from a simple sheetmetal model in 6.0.4.0 (your version). The Flat Pattern feature in the mirrored sheetmetal part is produced as expected, whatever if Mirror Part was "saved as" starting from the original Sheetmetal model using Geometry only or Geometry with features logic.

Therefore:

• If it's an isolated use case, I think that suggestion provided by @kdirth , if effective in your context, can be considered as a resolution
  • Otherwise, if it's systematic (which would be surprising, as I failed to find any documentation related to this in our Knowledge Base), you may want to share your config.pro to let us giving a try with same configuration in our environments

Regards,

Serge

Top Tags