cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Part is not deleted

PM_9971370
13-Aquamarine

Part is not deleted

While opening a part or assemble from Creo, a dialog box will be opened. In that dialog box if I select a part file and delete it using delete key using keyboard it will show a warning message and if I enter OK, the part is not deleted. But in the same dialog box if I select a part file and delete it using right mouse dialog box using mouse it will show the same warning message and if I enter OK, the part is deleted. Why it is like that? 

4 REPLIES 4
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:PM_9971370)

Can you include a screenshot of the dialog box or any other pertainent info? I'm confused, sounds like an odd glitch!

PM_9971370
13-Aquamarine
(To:StephenW)

I have attached the screenshots.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:PM_9971370)

Why are you deleting files from a file open dialog box?

My guess is that PTC has not programmed the follow through actions to take when you highlight and press the delete key on a file.

The right click and delete is programmed differently.

As there are options to viewing the files shown in a File Open dialog in Creo that are NOT MS standard, PTC has customized the dialog to allow those extra options. 

When PTC Supported both Unix and Windows, the dialog boxes were PTC designed and built and did not use MS dialogs, they just looked like them. Not sure if PTC has converted them all to be standard MS dialogs.

Delete button works just fine for me, it will always deletes the last version that was saved. I'm just guessing here but could this happened when you tried?:

You had 2 version of the same file, first you pressed delete, it deleted one of the version file, than you tried with mouse and deleted the last version, so it disapeared from the dialog too?

Edit.: It is recommened to use the "delete all versions" under file/manage files if you want to delete all version of the same file.

Top Tags