Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partial Cross-section Boundary

ptc-5279490
1-Newbie

Partial Cross-section Boundary

Pro Experts,

I am attempting to show a partial cross-section view in Wildfire 2.0 (M030). There is no unsectioned material behind the view. See the attached .pdf. The view labeled CORRECT is what I believe to be correct drafting practice and what I got on pre Wildfire (2001) drawings, the spline boundary shows at the top and bottom of the section but not around the outside where no material is "cut" by the boundary.

When attempting to create the section in Wildfire there is a check box in the Visible Area tab of the View Properties window labeled "Show spline boundary on view". With that box checked I get the view labeled SHOW BOUNDARY on the .pdf. I believe with the entire boundary spline shown it implies that there is material behind the section which is not correct. If I uncheck the Show spline... box I get the result shown in the NO BOUNDARY view, the hatching and entity lines just disappear which is not what I want either.

Is there a config or .dtl setting which has changed in Wildfire that I am not aware of or some other check box I am missing?

TIA,

Jim

<<boundary.pdf>>

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Announcements