cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Parts with different units of measure

Matteo_1987
15-Moonstone

Parts with different units of measure

Hi everyone, I have a customer who created an assembly with parts that have different units of measure. Is there a way to know the unit of measurement of all the parts without having to open them one by one? Another thing: once I know what they are, is there a way to change the unit of measurement of these parts without doing it one by one? Thanks, Matteo.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

In Creo 4.0, there is an option to include submodels when changing the units.  Do this from the top level assembly.

units.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:Matteo_1987)

Simulate will list them and also allow you to convert them.

123.png

If for some reason you don't have access to Simulate then you can also see them by setting 

mp_calc_level all_models

And then running a mass report. This will list the units next to the mass properties. The only way to convert them all in one fell swoop however is to use Simulate. Note that you don't actually need to do any analysis, the dialog box shown above prompts before you actually do any analysis and then you can exit right after doing the conversion.

Matteo_1987
15-Moonstone
(To:Chris3)

Ok, thanks this method works. Unfortunately the customer does not have the software simulate. Do you know if you can do the same with model check?

Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:Matteo_1987)

Unless you have an old license plan, Creo Simulate comes with the base T1 license. I am not a model check expert so I don't know if Model Check can do it.

Nitro-BOM can do this -- Just use a Parameter Map to include the data the export...  Should work with the FREE License...

In Creo 4.0, there is an option to include submodels when changing the units.  Do this from the top level assembly.

units.png

Top Tags