cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Patch thickening of surface model

swhitehead-rice1
1-Newbie

Patch thickening of surface model

Hello,

I'm struggling to thicken part of my surface model. I've created a boundary blend on the inside and tried to thicken that, which has failed. It says the part has failed to intersect.

I was then intending to solidify the external surface to fill the patch in the model.

I have attached a step file of the model. The problem is in prt006.

I think the problem could be due to a converging line on the external surface.

I would appreciate any help.

Sam

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7

Hi,

your part and assembly were created in educational version of Creo. Nobody with commercial version can open it.

MH

Martin Hanák

Martin then you would need to install the educational version.

Rohit,

you are good joke-teller, aren't you ?

MH

Martin Hanák

ha ha ha..if that made you laugh  

If I understand your problem, you may try to patch both inside and outside.  This should allow you to solidify the patched region.

Hi everyone,

thanks for replying. I've attached a set of screen shots, which I hope shows the problem more clearly.

thanks,

SamUntitled-1.jpg

This is a tough one.  I might suggest removing one surface of the solid to make the whole part a quilt.  Next, make the patch; combine into a single quilt of only one skin; then thicken the entire quilt again.

Top Tags