cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Pattern Tool - Automatic Filling

Garrett317
8-Gravel

Pattern Tool - Automatic Filling

I have a plate with numerous holes (see attached image) that I need to insert screws into. In the past, I was able to assemble a screw in a hole then use the pattern option and Creo would automatically select the remaining holes. Now, I tried to follow the same steps, but Creo will not automatically select the holes. Is there a way to do this instead of manually inserting each screw and making the Model Tree extremely long?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:Garrett317)

Assuming the holes are patterned, reference pattern should work unless the constraints for the hardware is using another reference that isn't referring to the pattern.

If you have to manually assemble all hardware, you can use the repeat command to quickly select assembly references or you can use group and then copy-paste to quickly move through the hardware.

In the end, if you are manually placing hardware, if you want to manage the model tree, you would probably want to use group to reduce the lines in the model tree for the hardware.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:Garrett317)

Assuming the holes are patterned, reference pattern should work unless the constraints for the hardware is using another reference that isn't referring to the pattern.

If you have to manually assemble all hardware, you can use the repeat command to quickly select assembly references or you can use group and then copy-paste to quickly move through the hardware.

In the end, if you are manually placing hardware, if you want to manage the model tree, you would probably want to use group to reduce the lines in the model tree for the hardware.

Thank you. The repeat command worked great along with the group feature.

Top Tags