cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Pattern of a Group with a component part of family table

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Pattern of a Group with a component part of family table

I have a pattern of some parts (subassembly) of packaging.

The 2004_1002_2399<1177_0000> was changed out in a family table from the generic that had 2005_1002_2399<1177_000> in it.

When I open the new instance, the parts was not replicated in the second group of the pattern.

Is this typical?

Do I have to make a column in the family table for all the patterns? Why when the pattern is regenerated, did it not create a replica of the first group, just at the different spacing as required?

Thanks and confused, Dale

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Dale_Rosema)

I found two work arounds, but it still doesn't answer why when changing out the first item in a pattern, it doesn't change the rest of the pattern.

1. Select the part I want to change in each pattern of the family table.

2. When you select the one part, select all instances versus single instance (I am so used to picking single so it doesn't change things that I don't want to change elsewhere in the model that I forgot about this option).

Thanks, Dale

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Dale_Rosema)

I found two work arounds, but it still doesn't answer why when changing out the first item in a pattern, it doesn't change the rest of the pattern.

1. Select the part I want to change in each pattern of the family table.

2. When you select the one part, select all instances versus single instance (I am so used to picking single so it doesn't change things that I don't want to change elsewhere in the model that I forgot about this option).

Thanks, Dale

Top Tags