cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Pattern of family-table parts

gpeetersem
11-Garnet

Pattern of family-table parts

Is there a way to create an assembly of all (or certain) instances which are in a family table of a part?

For example:

1. I do have a part with a family table of all different bolts in (M8x20, M8x25, M8x30,...)
Bolt Family Table.png

2. I create an assembly with the generic of this "family tabe"-part in the default position

3. I will make a pattern of this generic part, but not only the position of this bolt will change but also the instance

Bolt assembly.pngIs there maibe a way by doing this with a "table pattern" or in combination with a parameter which is in the part?

If this is possible, this will help us a lot!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Guys,

this works perfect! 

I've created the table-pattern like this:

2018-10-29 09_56_50-Window.png

And this is the result:

2018-10-29 09_59_51-Window.png

Exactly what I wanted!

Thanks a lot guys.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:gpeetersem)

Are you asking if there is a way to make a "catalog" of all the instances in the family?

Actually, we want to create "ID tags" in a family table and put them all in one assembly.

The bolts are just an example to explain it.

What are "ID tags"?

Can you show a picture of what you are trying to accomplish?

ID plates are just steel plates with an ID number in. Just a kind of "license-plate" for parts.

This is what we like to do:

Just one part with a family table. In this family table all parts do have the same dimensions, only the parameters of the "ID" will change.

2018-10-26 14_58_51-Window.png

In that case, I would use a Pattern Table to create the assembly of all your Family Table items.

Create a new assembly

Assemble the first instance of your ID tag (not as default but with offset constraints to your assembly origin)

Select your ID tag --> Pattern, and select Table. Select the offset dimensions, then click edit the contents of your Pattern Table.

You 'll see an "Pro/TABLE" dialog.

At row 11, you'll see:

!idx         dXXX      dYYY    Model(name_of_part)

You must complete this "list" with all your instances.

A different approach...(see attachment)

Hi,

I've tried this:

1. First I've made a family table in the part:

2018-10-29 08_26_37-Window.png

2. And then I've made an assembly with a Pattern Table:

2018-10-29 08_18_21-Window.png

This is the result:

2018-10-29 08_22_55-Window.png

The problem is that you only can add the dimensions and not the instances of the family table:

2018-10-29 08_23_59-Window.png

Hi,

in the third column ... enter instance name, only.

Martin Hanák

Like @MartinHanak said, you need to enter the instance name in that last column.

So only ID_TAG_1 and ID_TAG_2 

Hi Guys,

this works perfect! 

I've created the table-pattern like this:

2018-10-29 09_56_50-Window.png

And this is the result:

2018-10-29 09_59_51-Window.png

Exactly what I wanted!

Thanks a lot guys.

Hi HamsterNL,

in your zeip file there is only a part-file and no assembly. So I don't know what you mean...

That part is driven by INPUT parameters.

If you regenerate that part, you can enter different values (Enter Values), thus changing the text on the plate.

If you place that part into your assembly, you can drive those INPUT parameters with EXECUTE statements. You do need to have an advanced assembly license of some sort to edit the PRO/Program of your assembly.

Hi,

I guess you have to generate trail file and run it to assemble family table instances.

See my attached data created in CR2 M070.

1.] I prepared bolt.prt containing 3 family table instances

2.] I prepared bolt.txt trail file containing 3 blocks for assembling 3 family table instances

3.] TEST: Launch Creo 2.0, create new empty assembly, play trail file - you will get result shown on bolt.png picture

Note: To prepare trail file for big family tables, user can create some script which gets a list of instances and generates trail file for assembling all of them.

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin,

I've tried to run the trail file.

Bolt_1 opens, but won't be placed... and there it stops.

Is there something I have to do in another way?

Thanks for your help!

Hi,

what Creo version do you use ?

Martin Hanák

We do use Creo 3.0 M180

Hi,

my trail file works well in CR3 M180, too.

Suggestion: "Deactivate" (i.e. rename) all your company config.pro files before you start Creo.

Testing steps:

1. create new empty assembly
  2. play trail file

Martin Hanák
Top Tags