cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Patterns in Family Tables

lfitch
4-Participant

Patterns in Family Tables

Hi,

I want to pattern a group for use in assemblies in a family table.

I only want the main group in the Generic and not the pattern members.

How do I set this up in the family table?

3 REPLIES 3
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:lfitch)

Probably not the best use of family tables.

Give more details of what you are trying to accomplish.

The generic be default has all of the information needed by the instances. Using a family table to control patterns in an assembly would be where family tables excel as a design tool. Family tables are more suited to variations of a basic shape, lengths of bolts or diameters, etc. I have done some family tables of assemblies but they become very difficult as you add more components to the assembly variations.

sacquarone
20-Turquoise
(To:lfitch)

Hello @lfitch 

Not tested, but on the top of my head, this is not possible. If you need a given individual group (whatever is leader or patern member) to be configured as a column of a Family Table, you need first to Unpattern (AND NOT Delete Pattern) the Patterned Group:

• This will produce uncorrelated groups corresponding to where they were previously driven in the logic of the pattern
  • Each Individual Group can then be configured (id desired) as a column of the Assembly Family Table

Again, as said earlier, not tested. So if anybody else has better ideas, Thanks in advance to share them here.

Regards,

Serge

lfitch
4-Participant
(To:sacquarone)

I was not able to find an "UNPATTERN"

Top Tags