cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Peck tapping

Mickyd1
1-Newbie

Peck tapping

HI guys

is there a way to peck tap a hole. Had a look in parameters but can't see anything. Do I have to have more than one tapping sequence at varying depths.

thanks for any help

mick

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
SteveLucas
13-Aquamarine
(To:Mickyd1)

Michael,

Did you get any responses on peck tapping? I would think if you were rigid tapping you could retract to the retract plane and reenter the hole without too much trouble and tap to a different depth. It would require multiple tap cycles though for each hole I think. not sure? I would have to try it.

if you are just talking multiple holes that have the same pitch but vary in depth you just make a new hole set with in the sequence and change the depth for each set.

Steve

HI steve

was thinking of tapping a single deep hole. Sounds like I have to have more than one sequence at varying depths.

Thanks michael

SteveLucas
13-Aquamarine
(To:Mickyd1)

Michael,

That was my thought. I have never tried anything like that but I don't see why it wouldn't work with multiple sequences at varying depths. Either that or thread mill the tapped hole unless it is rediculously deep.

Maybe you should turn it in as an enhancement request for peck tapping.

Steve

Top Tags