cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Pink Lines when opening .iges or .step files

ptc-5581561
1-Newbie

Pink Lines when opening .iges or .step files

Using WF 3.0 (Yes, out of date I know). I'm opening an .iges file and when changed to anything but shading all the surfaces are pink. I've tried to thicken the part but I believe the surfaces are small and they intersect, thicken fails. I've also, in the past used solidify and that seemed to work but with this part I do not have that option. Any other ideas on how to solve this problem? I've searched high and low for an answer but can't seem to find one. Thanks!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Look up Import Data Doctor instructions. The model you have is not a valid solid, which is why it is pink. Import Data Doctor is used to fill gaps, remove loose surfaces, and generally fix the model.

I think it is available if you select the imported item and then Redefine.

Top Tags