cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Pipe Line Stock names

gfraulini
17-Peridot

Pipe Line Stock names

Hi all,

do you know the logic ProE uses to name the Line Stock inside the model tree?

I get the informations for the line stock from external files but I am not able to force the program to adopt a specific name for the model tree.

The names are always "Line stock id ...." and a progressive number. Every times I have to rename each line stock.

Cattura.JPG

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Giulio,

I had a similar issue and also wanted to make sure that other users always used preferred linestock rather than creating lots of non-standard material. I created a start-part/ start-assembly that I would always use with them predefined. If you have extra linestock that you are not using these can be deleted. This saves you having to do it every time.

sully7
13-Aquamarine
(To:gfraulini)

Hi Giulio,

What version of Creo are you using? From the icons, it looks like a slightly older version... but I did some testing for you in Creo 3.

If you are using "Spec-Driven Piping", Creo will automatically name the linestock features for you - as "<SPEC-NAME>_<SIZE>_<SCHEDULE>"

linestock_names.JPG

If you are using "Non-Spec-Driven Piping" ... one thing you can do is "Write" out the linestock feature (which, it sounds like you have already done). If you rename the text file it to have the desired name you want, then from now on, you could easily just "read" that file in for every new model, and not have to rename the linestock. Whats strange is... it sounds like that is the process you are already using... so maybe it has been fixed in Creo 3?

• If you look at the picture below, I actually have two new linestocks for "LNSTK001" and "TEST_NEW", which were both read back in to Creo from the files I created using the "Write" command

linestock_read.png

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

James Sullivan

CadActive Technologies

President & Founder

President & Founder
CadActive Technologies - www.cadactive.com
gfraulini
17-Peridot
(To:sully7)

Hi,

I use "Non-Spec-Driven Piping" with Wildfire 5.

I already have a lot of files stored in a folder but if the name of the file is "pipe_n5.stk" happen that the name of the line stock that I read inside the list is correct, but the name inside the model tree is, indeed, "Line stock id ....".

the only manner that I see to obtain the same name is to write the pipe within the Setup->Line Stock menu.

So if I have my own library of pipes, I need to rename them in the model tree everytime.

James Sullivan

I'd invite you to see also this thread.

Thanks

Bye

Top Tags