cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Placement disappeared

trohwedder
1-Newbie

Placement disappeared

Hello!

Im from germany, so please don't mind my bad english 🙂

I've got a problem with Creo Parametric 3.0 on Windows 10 (64bit)

The last weeks Creo works fine, but today I grabed accidentally my "Platzierung/Placement" button and now all the parameters disappeared.

Screenshot 2015-12-14 08.21.20.png

I can't do any new placements now.

I already restart the system 2 times and completly reinstalled my Creo Software. The other buttons (Bewegung/move) working fine!

The only thing I can do is "Alt +Tab" to make the Placement window visible, but I can't change anythink because when I click on it, it disappears again.

Thanks a lot for your help, and have a nice day!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thorsten,

I have seen this problem in the past and those were due to corrption in cache folder, rename .wf folder (default location for that is in C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\PTC\ProENGINEER\Wildfire) and restart Creo. I hope this will help you.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

Thorsten,

I have seen this problem in the past and those were due to corrption in cache folder, rename .wf folder (default location for that is in C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\PTC\ProENGINEER\Wildfire) and restart Creo. I hope this will help you.

Hi,

I guess that you disconnected Placement dialog from its tab. This is new functionality available in Creo Parametric 3.0.

How to disconnect tab:

1. place mouse cursor on Placement tab
  2. press and hold left mouse button
  3. move dialog box into requested location
  4. release left mouse button

How to connect tab:

1. click Placement tab, Placement dialog appears
  2. place mouse cursor on Placement dialog title
  3. press and hold left mouse button
  4. move dialog box into Placement tab
  5. release left mouse button

You can also delete PTC subdirectory located in %APPDATA% directory.

MH

Martin Hanák
CTool
5-Regular Member
(To:MartinHanak)

Hello Martin,

i have tthe same problem, but i lost the properties and placement tab off screen, so i can't left-click on them to reconnect the to their main position. what can i do?

Thanks

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:CTool)

@CTool 

Did you try the "Reset Panels Position" is available under File > Options > Window Settings "Reset Panels Position" mentioned below.

pace
4-Participant
(To:StephenW)

Thanks - this was the solution for me!

Steve,

Thanks from me as well. I had same problem and you solved it.

Ralf Mulch

Thank you. It works for me now.

rmix
4-Participant
(To:StephenW)

Thank you so much! This worked. I was pulling my hair out.

Thank you, Stephen! I have never seen this issue before, but your suggestion was the solution.

jnorris
5-Regular Member
(To:MartinHanak)

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH THIS WORKED FOR ME.  We should all be aware of where we place our windows, if we put them up in the menu bar they will "disappear".

THANKS AGAIN!

I have the same problem with Creo 4 and the solution poroposed do not solve the problem.

Do you have any suggestion?

Thanks

Hey there!

Thanks for your answers!

I've found my fault. Shure I disconnected it, but I never found the new window, that was the big Problem MartinHanak. The window was lost.

Now I've found the window on my disabled second screen. Im using 2 screens and the last days I didn't need it. Today I turned it on and there I found my lost placement window.

But thanks for the information with the AppData Folder! Maybe it will be helpfull in the future 😉

In such cases other option can be used to rest the position of panels. Option "Rest Panels Position" is available under File > Options > Window Settings "Rest Panels Position".

Thank you MaheshSh.  To add to your answer, I did find that the File -> Options -> Windows settings is inactive while you are in the feature and notice the window panel missing but cancel the feature and you can make the reset while in the main part/assembly. 

This was definitely the proper fix. Having 2 monitors seemed to be the cause of this glitch as others had mentioned. 

Thanks Mahesh

Thanks sir,it helps me a lot

Thank you so much this has been a thorn in my side for a week. Eventually found your answer after numerous key word searches and rabbit holes.  PTC help requires an education just to navigate!

MA_9986530
4-Participant
(To:trohwedder)

1. file 
  2. options 
  3. window settings 
  4. Resume display of dialog box 
  5. Reset panel's position
  6. Restore defaults 
  7. OK
Top Tags