cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Please regenerate the section to proceed?

msteis
1-Newbie

Please regenerate the section to proceed?

In Creo Parametric 3.0, does anyone know what this request is? I'm in a sketch. All the sketch requirements are met. There are no open profiles, etc. Every time I try to close the sketch, I get this request. I don't know how to regenerate a sketch.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I think it's a result from scaling the parts. I modeled the parts to scale, but then scaled the parts by about .18%. This is when I got the error. It wasn't an independent sketch. Everything in the sketch was projected from another feature. After scaling, I think it just couldn't find a reference. I deleted one and replaced it and the problem was solved.

Thanks,

Matt

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:msteis)

You have probably been bumped out of Intent Manager in the sketcher. It's put you in the old school sketch mode. I can't find how you do this now though. I can't figure out in Creo 2 how to turn it off so I'm not sure the exact steps to regenerate a sketch. Look for the "menu manager", if it has popped up, regenerate will be in there. You'll have to get your sketch corrected before it will let you regenerate it.

I think it's a result from scaling the parts. I modeled the parts to scale, but then scaled the parts by about .18%. This is when I got the error. It wasn't an independent sketch. Everything in the sketch was projected from another feature. After scaling, I think it just couldn't find a reference. I deleted one and replaced it and the problem was solved.

Thanks,

Matt

Top Tags