cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Please vote this idea about ECAD-MCAD collaboration

Marco_Tosin
21-Topaz I

Please vote this idea about ECAD-MCAD collaboration

I have created an idea about ECAD-MCAD collaboration, and I wrote this discussion to ask member of this group to vote up.

When importing in an ECAD SW an idx file generated from CREO results in a board where extruded cut are converted to boar…

TIA for your attention

Marco

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
Marco
2 REPLIES 2
David_M
5-Regular Member
(To:Marco_Tosin)

Pro/E and Creo only support IDF v3 and that specification only supports round holes, so the behaviour is correct although the reply you got is not very helpful. To use the other types of holes (Polycurve_Area or Polygon) you need IDF v4.

I would suggest replacing this request with a request for IDF 4.0 support. Remember to include marketing buzzwords like "AnyCAD" and "AnyData" and point out that this is inconsistent with those claims. About 17 years behind in fact.

David,

thanks for your reply, but we would like to use IDX instead of IDF, because it's incremental and it allows, in the same file, to export CAD object and BOM.

Marco
Top Tags