cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Plotted date label WF3

BertilRogmark
8-Gravel

Plotted date label WF3

When I plot a drawing I get a text in the left upper corner saying:

Name: <my name> Object: <drawing  name> Date: <plotting date and time>.

I can turn this on and off by checking the Label square in the printer setup.

However, I want to move the text and cannot find where the parameters for this (and for the message itself) are hidden.

Help!

 

26 REPLIES 26

Hi,

I guess you cannot configure plot label placement and plot label contents.


Martin Hanák

My guess is this is a function of your plotter/printer, probably not controlled in any way by Creo.

You might want to check the settings for your printer/plotter on Windows, see if it's set to do this kind of behavior.

Maybe it is a Windows setting?

mkajdan
14-Alexandrite
(To:BertilRogmark)

The label location can be changed using default_view_label_placement option in the drawing settings / .dtl file.  I'm not aware of a way to change the label contents.

 

Disregard information above.

KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:mkajdan)

My understanding of the question was that when printing to an actual printer, the data pertaining to the print job were being added to the sheet(s). This was often done in olden times, particularly when printers were shared, so people would know whose prints they were, etc. I remember this being something done by the plotter but I don't know how it's handled these days, since it hasn't been a problem and we don't really print a lot of paper anymore.

I don't think this has to do with views on the drawing.

Thank you for your input.

I have looked into the relevant .dtl file and cannot find the option you mention.

How do I add this option to my .dtl file (in WF3)?

Kind regards

Bertil


@BertilRogmark wrote:

Thank you for your input.

I have looked into the relevant .dtl file and cannot find the option you mention.

How do I add this option to my .dtl file (in WF3)?

Kind regards

Bertil

 


Hi,

text enclosed in red rectangle is telling that mkajdan made mistake.

MartinHanak_0-1691134314628.png

 

The option is related to view labels. See https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS218985 article.

MartinHanak_1-1691134528327.png

 

 


Martin Hanák

There is a misunderstanding here – I am not inquiring about the position of labels of drawing views, I am asking about a plot/print message that is not visible on the drawing on screen but is added to the plotted/printed image in the top left cornerr of the drawing. When I un-tic the square ”Label” in the printer configuration, the message disappears. Please not I am still on WF3.

See attached picture.


@BertilRogmark wrote:

There is a misunderstanding here – I am not inquiring about the position of labels of drawing views, I am asking about a plot/print message that is not visible on the drawing on screen but is added to the plotted/printed image in the top left cornerr of the drawing. When I un-tic the square ”Label” in the printer configuration, the message disappears. Please not I am still on WF3.

See attached picture.

 

 


Hi,

I understand your question very well. But I must repeat, that you cannot configure plot label placement and plot label contents.

Note: You forgot to attach a picture.


Martin Hanák

upload_-aW1hZ2UwMDEucG5n-8582038951209471585..png

There it is!

What type/model of plotter is it?

The message appears already on the pdf-file I create – as I see it there can be no connection to a specific printer/plotter.

Does nobody else get a similar message if you tic the box ”Label”?

kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:BertilRogmark)

I do not see a "Label" box in Creo 7, nor do I remember one in past versions that I have used.

 

Can you post a screen shot of the dialog box where you find it?


There is always more to learn in Creo.


@kdirth wrote:

I do not see a "Label" box in Creo 7, nor do I remember one in past versions that I have used.

 

Can you post a screen shot of the dialog box where you find it?


Just couple of notes ...

1.] OP uses Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 3.0 ... it is strange in these days ...

2.] I think he needs to get a printer which enables users to define&print watermark

eg. https://support.epson-europe.com/onlineguides/en/l800/html/vari_6.htm

 


Martin Hanák
mkajdan
14-Alexandrite
(To:kdirth)

This is from Creo 8 but was also available in Creo 4.

 

mkajdan_2-1691151385897.png

 

upload_-aW1hZ2UwMDEucG5n-3105087099787320963..png

kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:kdirth)

I have found the "label" check box after looking at documentation online.  In the print setup of 7.0, select the arrow in the bottom right corner of "Paper" on the ribbon.  For me the label occurs at the bottom of the left side.  I have not been able to locate any way to specify the location.

kdirth_1-1691151682939.png

 

kdirth_0-1691151577434.png

 


There is always more to learn in Creo.
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:kdirth)

Ahhh...there it is. Mine is lh side but not lower, kind of oddly placed. Maybe a function of format origin.

 

StephenW_0-1691152128299.png

 

Thank you so very much, I was beginning to think I was the only one who experienced this. I have tried a few other printer setups and found that on one of them the message occured in the same position as yours, i.e. left-bottom as opposed to my first posting which was top-left. It is interesting that the position Creo offers for this message seems parallell to the drawing_view_label positions, i.e. top-left etc.

I will try to find where Creo gets the name it prints in the message; object and plotting date/time are given but Name must be picked up somewhere. Is there nobody from PTC that could give a complete answer?

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS230067?source=search

CS230067 says it's not possible to customize the label content

StephenW_0-1691155687796.png

Hope someone has some good information for you., it's not looking too promising.

Hello!

I have now finally had to accept that PTC will not allow modifications to the label. Also that its position is fixed; it is always printed vertically from the left lower corner of the plotted drawing. Having said that, I have another issue in that drawings in protrait mode are always plotted lying down but the label is printed in the same position which means that when you look at the plotted drawing, the label is now horizontal from the top left corner.

How do I correct this?

/Bertil


@BertilRogmark wrote:

Hello!

I have now finally had to accept that PTC will not allow modifications to the label. Also that its position is fixed; it is always printed vertically from the left lower corner of the plotted drawing. Having said that, I have another issue in that drawings in protrait mode are always plotted lying down but the label is printed in the same position which means that when you look at the plotted drawing, the label is now horizontal from the top left corner.

How do I correct this?

/Bertil

 


Hi,

there is no way to do it.


Martin Hanák
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:BertilRogmark)

Refer to this post on the PTC Cooler for why no one knows the complete answer. 😎

 

2023-07-28-Friday-Humor-Who-knows 


There is always more to learn in Creo.

That pretty much rules out any plotter settings.

I wonder if anyone has a full list of the config options for WF3 there might be a clue in that.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:mashton-2)

Olaf Cortens site still has WF 3 options https://creosite.com/index.php/configuration/config-pro-option-search/

StephenW_0-1691151385401.png

 

When you print directly from Creo, this label is present? Or is it just on a PDF created thru a "system"?

We have a vendor who sends us PDFs that have that exact label.

What box "label"?

 

 

 

1 Open a drawing. 2 Select <File - Print>. 3 Select your printer and <Configure>.

You can now choose between Dimension, Offset, Label and Units. Tick the box ”Label” and then OK. You should now get the label we are discussing printed on your drawing.

For me it happens whichever printer I choose.

Top Tags