Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plotter upgrade - 755CM to 1055CM - Part 2

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II

Plotter upgrade - 755CM to 1055CM - Part 2

<<b&w_full_c-size_designjet755cm.pcf>>
Hello,

Thanks for the replies thus far. We're still having trouble, however.  Please bear with my long explination.

We have not been successful at sending plots directly to the new HP 1055CM plotter.  We're using 2001 at the moment and I'm using a PCF (attached) from the 755CM to try to get this working, changing the 'plotter_command' to try to point to the 1055CM.  We're tried the following commands in the 'plotter command' field, based on the suggestions thus far:

*     print /d:\\<plotter's ip=" address=">
*     print /d:\\HP1055CM (the plotter's name on the network)
*     print /d:<plotter's ip=" address=">
*     print /d:HP1055CM
*     windows_print_manager \\<plotter's ip=" address=">
*     windows_print_manager \\HP1055CM

We have been successful at getting it to print by using the MS_PRINT_MGR, however, it doesn't recognize the paper size.  We're sending a 'C' size plot, but it plot's an 'A' size chunk of the lower left corner.  It's scaled for a 'C' size, but it picks to plot 'A' size by default.

Ideally I'd like it to work like the old 755CM where I hit my 'plot 'C' size' mapkey and it went to the plotter and came out 'C' size.  I'd settle for using the MS_PRINT_MGR if all I had to do was select the 1055CM and hit done.  Now I have to select the 1055CM, hit properties, select the paper size again, select done and then done again.

Thanks for your help.

Doug Schaefer

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
0 REPLIES 0
Announcements