cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

(Plz HELP) Sweep cut question (Creo 4.0)

Woo
2-Guest
2-Guest

(Plz HELP) Sweep cut question (Creo 4.0)

Hello guys.

I'm learning creo by following model tree of completed prt file example.

I have some questions about sweep cut function,

버튼(위).JPG  <ㅡㅡ Top view of a button (Example file)

버튼(안)정상.JPG  <ㅡㅡ Bottom(inner) view of a button above.(sweep cut)

원본체인.JPG 

ㅡㅡ> Upper blue colored chain is a trajectory curve which is chosen in Example file.

캡처.JPG ㅡㅡ> Orange colored line is a cross-section profile which is selected in Example file.

Descriptions below are what I've done.

# I made datum plane above top plane and projected trajectory(blue colored chain in above picture) too.

# After that, I activated sweep, and selected a trajectory above.

# I sketched cross-section view same with above picture.

# Finally, I completed sweep cut, and error message occurred saying that 'One side edge detected.'

In this situation, What should I do?

What is the cause of this failure?

Plz help me...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank u arames.

You are right. The reason why sweep cup fail was the open end cross-section sketch with solid geometry.

After making sketch fully closed, I solved this problem successfully.

Thank you for your help again!

Have a nice day and take care of yourself 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Woo, welcome to the community.

It's hard to tell what's happening without seeing the feature tree or the references in the sweep sketch, but when I look at your last picture I see an open ended sketch.  This OK to have, but that sketch, when swept, doesn't create a surface which fully intersects with the solid geometry you're trying to cut.  So Creo can't make a solid cut.

I reproduced one of the "buttons" in your model.  In my sweep sketch I added a horizontal line which creates the top surface of the cut.  How do you terminate the end of that curve since is needs to change length as it's swept?  I created an axis which runs through the center of the button and constrained the end of that horizontal line to that axis.  This sketch forms a surface which fully intersects the solid geometry and Creo is able to make the cut.

Snap49.png

Snap50.png

I'm not sure why you get that one-sided edge error.  If I saw your feature tree and the sketch references, that would help.

Thank u arames.

You are right. The reason why sweep cup fail was the open end cross-section sketch with solid geometry.

After making sketch fully closed, I solved this problem successfully.

Thank you for your help again!

Have a nice day and take care of yourself 🙂

Happy to help

Top Tags