cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Possessed drawing changes on it's own in Creo 2.0 M020

DamianCastillo
1-Newbie

Possessed drawing changes on it's own in Creo 2.0 M020

I have a particular user that is having some wierd things happen to his drawings. When he updates his drawing with dimensions, sections views or add dimension breaks. He regenerates the model, regenerates the views and repaints before he saves.

He then prints the drawing to find that some dimensions are mission and in a rare case a section view was missing. The drawing checker catches these and when the user opens his drawing again, it has changed to reflect the issues found on the print.

How is this drawing possesd and changing on it's own?

Has anyone else ran into a situation like this and can shed some light on things to check?

We are implementing Windchill 10.1 but are still running on network folders. I checked to make sure there is no a duplicate of the part model that is being pulled into RAM causing the differences. All my users run a network installation so we all have the same install and nobody else is having this issue. We all run identical hardware except that this particular computer has a different graphics card but I can't think of how that could cause these issues.

Any suggestions?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

My opinion is that some of these things are actually stored on the part / assembly level rather than the drawing.  Especially section views, etc...
Make sure you are saving the part / assembly and not just the drawing when you exit pro-e or better yet set the config option, 'prompt_on_exit' to 'yes'.

Christopher F. Gosnell

FPD Company
124 Hidden Valley Road
McMurray, PA 15317
PH:724.941-5540
FX:724.941.8322
www.fpdcompany.com
----------

Perform excercism.

Unable to get required Pro/Exorcism license. Please contact your sales representative.

In Reply to pete bokma:

Perform excercism.

scooke
4-Participant
(To:DamianCastillo)

There's a free utility available from ghostbusters.com. Never tried it
though. ;~}

_____

Based on some feedback, it seems an Exorcisim is definetly an option.

The models are always regenerated, the drawing views are always updated before it's saved.

It seems it has something to do with family table parts. As I looked into it further, this individual is creating drawing views from instances in a rather complex scenario. One though I had is that the drawing that is possessed and changing on it's own is based on an instance, but maybe the generic was not saved or regenerated properly before the dimensions where added and then later a regen caused some of them on the instance view to go crazy.

Not really sure, but I have a feeling it's tied to how the instances are being used for this project.

Thanks for all the input and if anyone wants to stop by to peform an Exorcisim, please let me know.

I am not ruling out an "ID 10 T" error. 🙂

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Every version of the Pro-E/Creo software has issues with family tables. We have made it a point to only use them on limited basis. Are your parts part of a PLM (Windchill) lifecycle? That is something we have had an issues with. Is your user verifying the instances when they save? That might be the issue.

John Bennett
CAD Business Administrator
(801)513-9001

[Lifetime_Logo_BlkWhite_Sans_email sig]
Top Tags