cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Possible bug with IFX

mvitárius
15-Moonstone

Possible bug with IFX

Hello!

There is a possible bug with IFX thread coloring. The problem occurs when I put a screw in an assembly, and the 2nd plane (Nut or thread surface) is in a sub assembly AND it is on a surface that is extruded in the sub assembly it self (so IFX actually puts the hole in the sub assembly it self, and not the part, which is cool btw). If these conditions are met the color of the thread won't change based on the configuration.

I included an assembly to download. I put the screws in the assembly, one is a regular working one, and one where the coloring doesn't appear.

Creo 4.0 M060

IFX 6.0.5.0

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

I have downloaded your example and I can reproduce it.

We will try to fix this in Creo 4.0 M150 planed for 7-Apr2021.

For Creo 6.0 there is no plan to implement this.

But it will be included in Creo 7.0.3.0 I think.

Kind Regards,
Oli

Oliver Gräbner
B&W Software GmbH

I have a question regarding this. As you could see in the example, if the surface is created in the asm where I put the screw, IFX will create the hole it self in the asm. Is there a method to control this behavior? Let's say I want the hole to be created in the ASM but there is not surface created in the ASM, is there a way to force IFX to put the hole in the ASM?

Hi,

you can use the IFX option HOLE_VISIBILITY to control this.

HOLE_VISIBILITY
Default is PRT.
SELECT—Select hole visibility.
PRT—Create hole in part.
ASM—Create hole in assembly.
NO—Do not create a hole.

If you use SELECT, then you have to select the position of the hole in the 'Additional Options' dialog.

screenshot_20201021_135310.png

Kind Regards,
Oli

Oliver Gräbner
B&W Software GmbH

Thanks, it did work.

Top Tags