cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Possible to Chg Appearance of Default Weld Symbols in 3D and 2D Modes?

DanMcCaherty
1-Newbie

Possible to Chg Appearance of Default Weld Symbols in 3D and 2D Modes?

Sorry if you are seeing this repeated from another site, but I'm hoping to find someone that can help me out.

I'm using Wildfire 5. When I create a weld feature in Standard 3D (part or assembly) mode, an annotation gets generated automatically from that feature. If I have an associated drawing file, that symbol also appears when I show th eweld symbols on the drawing.

My question: Has anyone out there successfully altered the weld symbols so they automatically appear in both 3D and 2D modes as you want, not like the default out-of-the-box symbols?

Our company (like many others) has an internal standard for our weld symbols that is similar to the ANSI-AWS set that comes with Pro/E, but slightly different. Years ago we made our own library of custom weld symbols that comply with our internal standard, and we have used this library in drawings, but these symbols ate totally independent of weld features, which until now has been fine. Now we want to start using weld features and we would like to be able to drive the appearance of the weld symbols directly from these weld features so they comply with our standards in both 3D and 2D modes.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags