cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Possible to gather multiple point data in a csv file in WF5?

ptc-5078541
1-Newbie

Possible to gather multiple point data in a csv file in WF5?

I am attempting to generate the x-y coordinate data around a close curve (one curve generated from a family tree). In WF 5, I can march through Analysis, Geometry, Point which gives me the x y point data, which I can then copy over to notepad, but I want to be able to pick out 100 points for 20 curves so I'd like to not have to do this by cutting, copying, and pasting every single separate analysis.

Does anyone know if it's possible to collect multiple points in a single file ( either csv or .txt, which I could then write a script to remove all lines which are not pertinent)? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags