cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Security Alert Log4j Security Vulnerability. Click here to know more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posted a question to PTC three weeks ago, no answer so far...

FV
17-Peridot
17-Peridot

Posted a question to PTC three weeks ago, no answer so far...

Hi all,

About three weeks ago I had logged a technical call to PTC (C5774753). The question was rather simple – in a drawing mode while creating a symbol instance or a note for example in order to attach the parametric leader to a midpoint of the selected edge you have to set ProSelectionUvParamSet to a UV parameter of the edge. The UV parameter of the edge could be obtained with ProEdgeUvdataEval. The problem is that the function returns a two member array of the UV parameters for the adjacent surfaces. So my question was which array member I should choose. PTC still did not give me any answers.

Here is a code snippet:

ProGeomitem edge_gi;
ProEdge edge;
ProUvParam uv_point[2], uv_deriv1, uv_deriv2;
ProVector xyz_point, xyz_deriv1, xyz_deriv2, direction;
ProView drw_view;
ProAsmcomppath cpath;
err = ProGeomitemToEdge( &edge_gi, &edge);
err = ProEdgeUvdataEval( edge, 0.5, uv_point, uv_deriv1, uv_deriv2);
err = ProEdgeXyzdataEval( edge, 0.5, xyz_point, xyz_deriv1, xyz_deriv2, direction);
err = ProSelectionAlloc( &cpath, &edge_gi, &sel);
err = ProSelectionViewSet( drw_view, &sel);
err = ProSelectionPoint3dSet( xyz_point, &sel);
//???????????????????
err = ProSelectionUvParamSet( sel, uv_point[0]);
//or
err = ProSelectionUvParamSet( sel, uv_point[1]);
//?????????????????????

Although I had found a solution I want to run an experiment. How long would it require for a group to find a correct answer. How it compares to a promptness and technical quality of PTC provided answer if PTC would eventually respond.

I will postmy workaround for UV paramin a couple of days.

Thanks.

Feliks.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FV
17-Peridot
17-Peridot
(To:FV)

Hi all,

Thanks everybody who emailed me an answer.

The answer is: set U parameter to be equal to theedge parameter t and V parameter to be equal zero.

PTC help center had finally responded and pointed out that the answer could be found in "Unpacking a ProSelection Object" section of the User Guide.

Feliks.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
FV
17-Peridot
17-Peridot
(To:FV)

Hi all,

Thanks everybody who emailed me an answer.

The answer is: set U parameter to be equal to theedge parameter t and V parameter to be equal zero.

PTC help center had finally responded and pointed out that the answer could be found in "Unpacking a ProSelection Object" section of the User Guide.

Feliks.

Announcements