cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Pro/E drawing question.

ptc-5395733
1-Newbie

Pro/E drawing question.

I have a simple square bracket 4x4x2. The corners all have a .5" radius.

In the PRO/E drawing environment. I have displayed all my views and dimensions I need.

I want to display a reference view of just the sketch I created in the modeling environment....a top view....without the radius features. Which would just show a simple square. How would I do that?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Steven,

i think you could achieve what you want using Simplified Representation. You create a Simp Rep in your part using view manager, select the Simp Rep tab, click new, give your Rep a name (ie. no_rounds), click features (to exclude) & pick your rounds from the model tree. You already have a drawing with all your required views, so to create the reference view (with no visible rounds) click drawing models under the layout tab, select Set/Add Rep, then pick your newly created Sim Rep. Now add your reference view, fingers crossed without rounds. Hopefully, i have understood your requirements correctly.

Regards

John

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hello Steven and welcome to the forum.

I suppose you already realized that this is not a conventional way to show a part on a drawing so there are a couple of ways to make this work.

1st of all, you can sketch this with drawing curves. Since this is relatively simple, and if you don't care about associativity, this might be sufficient. I find myself doing several drafting overlays on drawings for various reasons.

You could also use a family table option back in the model. You can make a family table instance without those 1/2" rounds. You then -add- the additional model instance to the drawing and create a view with that instance. This will create a view that will remain associative to the real model.

Of course, I am assuming you are creating the rounds as a separate feature that can be suppressed to get the results you want.

Hi Steven,

i think you could achieve what you want using Simplified Representation. You create a Simp Rep in your part using view manager, select the Simp Rep tab, click new, give your Rep a name (ie. no_rounds), click features (to exclude) & pick your rounds from the model tree. You already have a drawing with all your required views, so to create the reference view (with no visible rounds) click drawing models under the layout tab, select Set/Add Rep, then pick your newly created Sim Rep. Now add your reference view, fingers crossed without rounds. Hopefully, i have understood your requirements correctly.

Regards

John

(correction, 3 methods ) Good catch, John.

Thank you John,

That did just the trick...it was all about finding the correct buttons.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the advice.

Greatly appreciated.

Top Tags