cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Pro Engineer Wildfire 4.0 Import Data Doctor

ptc-1841927
1-Newbie

Pro Engineer Wildfire 4.0 Import Data Doctor

Our sister division is ramping up to finally install Wildfire 4, so our division will likely be doing the same very shortly. So I decided to install Wildfire 4.0 on my PC to trial it out and I've noticed a major change with the IDD (Import Data Doctor). I've tried playing around with a few IGS files with known surfacing issues (that we corrected Wildfire 3) and I can't figure out how to repair them with the new interface. Does anyone have any resources or tutorials on how to use the new Import Data Doctor? What's you're opinion of the new interface? Is worth changing over? Thanks, Shaun
9 REPLIES 9

I think the new IDD inteface in WF 4 is great! -much better than it used to be, easier to use, more intuitive. I came across an online course (web-based) on PTC University and it's very helpful. Just search "doctor" in the Learning Catalog. Before I was separated from last reseller, I had suggested to PTC to include IDD in the apporpraie course material and they said they would consider than in WF 5 curriculum.

"Hatim Abdul" wrote:

I came across an online course (web-based) on PTC University and it's very helpful. Just search "doctor" in the Learning Catalog.

It's strange. Now I can't find it either. But it used to be there. I had actually taken that course last year. Maybe someone from PTC University will read the post and send a link.

OK. Thanks anyway. Best regards.

Too bad the info isn't still there. Does anyone else have a copy of this material, or know of another resource? I don't find it intuitive at all so far. Cheers, Shaun

There is a good tutorial in the Help Center in Pro/E. Once you are there you will see a "tutorials" link, select that and the IDD tutorial will be the last selection in the right hand column.

"Douglas Hippe" wrote:

There is a good tutorial in the Help Center in Pro/E. Once you are there you will see a "tutorials" link, select that and the IDD tutorial will be the last selection in the right hand column.

Never mind. I found the zip file. This is where I found it. C:\Program Files\proeWildfire 4.0\html\usascii\proe\helpSysTop\models Thanks, again. Shaun

I am sorry to say, but IDD in Wildfire 4 has NOTHING on the ease of use in WF3 for simple Iges repair. I had an IGES file that was nearly 96% complete with some simple open edges, nothing more. WF3 Automatic repair took 20 seconds to turn it into a solid file. I had been fighting IDD in WF4 for several hours and finally placed a call. Someone has to prove it can be done in less then a minute for me to believe in IDD.

*****additional info********

After placing a call to ptc tech support here is how they resolved my issue with an IGES file.. I had an "unattached protrusion" in my iges file as shown by the IDD's model tree. I had to combine and collapse all of it into one feature before the AUTOREPAIR could work. No documentation on that one.. I told PTC to write a TAN about it.. it was several more steps then wf3, but it did eventually work.

Top Tags