cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Pro/Engineer "Stopped Working" error

jhughes-2
1-Newbie

Pro/Engineer "Stopped Working" error

I have a Personal Use Only (Student Edition) version Pro/Engineer Wildfire 2.0 that I have been using since about 2005. Last week I received an error message on opening that says:

Pro/Engineer has stopped working - A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

My question: Is this problem with my computer or a problem with Pro/E? 

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program with the same result. Everything else on my computer seems to be working normally. Any help/insight I can get would be greatly appreciated as I have 11+ years of personal project design information that I can no longer access.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

maybe some Windows Update package installed last week is causing the problem ?

MH

Martin Hanák

Hello,

I'm having the same problem with ProE WF4.0 at our office.  One of the computers will open a part just fine, but the other computers run into the same problem as John Hughes has explained above.  I am wondering if anyone has had any luck finding a solution to this problem. Thanks.

Daniel

Top Tags