cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Pro Intralink & Gohst Objects

abesau1
1-Newbie

Pro Intralink & Gohst Objects

A friend has an issue with gohst models after he imported an assembly into Intralink. I beleive he said they manipulated and re-named these files outside of Iintralink since at the time, his company didn't have Intralink. Now when he retrieves the drawing, the drawing is still looking for parts with the previous names.
The drawing does come up, but I think he gets a whole lot of warnings.

Anyone out there know of any solutions?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

I believe there should be a config option "cleanup_drawing_dependencies"set to"YES". This will then give you a warning, but if you delete as it says to, it should take care of the problem. I still see these warnings occasionally on drawings that were done pre-Intralink and have not actually been open in Intralink thus far

Good Luck

We experienced this allot since we use the Merge and Cutout functions for just about all our designs. When we don't keep the assembly that was used to create the Merge or Cutout on the model. We see Ghost Object Issues.

We looked at using Inheritance as a better option but the flexibility with Inheritance features is too risky for what we are trying to control with Merge and Cutout features.

"Too many people walk around like Clark Kent, because they don't realize they can Fly like Superman"

Top Tags