We have a process which runs Pro/E in background on a server (actually a Dell workstation running IIS7 webserver), using a trail file to load a drawing and regenerate the model, reading the Pro/Program inputs from a file.
The basic procedure is an Excel workbook uses VB to start a web browser, and the server runs a Perl script which starts Creo via Win32::Process::Create.
With Wildfire, this worked fine, but now that we've moved to Creo, it crashes (out of sequence error) when it gets to the Pro/Program filename prompt. The "output" trail file doesn't even show the filename or any error messages about it; it just goes O.O.S. on the next command.
The weird thing is that if I sit down at the workstation, fire up Creo and play the trail file, it works perfectly.
I probably should mention that I did record a new trail file with Creo.
I've tried putting the file in the startup folder, the working folder, and a folder in the search path. I've also tried specifying the full path, including the drive letter. All of these work interactively, but not in background.
Otis Elevator Company (Australia)
Creo 2.0 M160 64-bit on Windows 7.
record trail file which launches Select Working Directory command. Then launch this trail file using your process. In the output trail file you will find current working directory. Place file containing Pro/Program inputs into this directory and test your process.
Thanks for the suggestion. I did that, and it confirmed that the working directory was what I thought it was, but sadly Creo still fails to recognise the input file.
It's as if it's not even reading the name from the trail file.
I am sorry I do not have any other tip...
Probably it's time to contact PTC Support .