cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Pro-e 5, ordinate dims printing off, bolding issue

ptc-4502156
1-Newbie

Pro-e 5, ordinate dims printing off, bolding issue

My company just switched over to Pro-E 5 from Pro-E 3.

As a company we use Shannon text as our default for drawings. I noticed that the ordinate dimensions are scattered and not lining up to the leader line and some text is coming out BOLD now. I attached a file to show the issues. I did not have this problem in Pro-E 3.

I made sure that all the text was set to Shannon not Shannon Bold. I cant figure out this ordinate dim. issues either.

Hope someone can help.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ryan,

can you upload ProE part and ProE drawing for testing purposes ?

Note:

ProE WF3 strokes all fonts, when you print. In ProE WF5 you have to set this option in Settings dialog box before you start print (or generating PDF output). Please try it.

Note:

What kind of printer do you use. Is it Postscript printer ?

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Ryan,

1.] tell us what WF5 maintenance release do you use (M130 is the latest one)

2.] tell us how did you produce the picture (I guess it is scanned paper print)

3.] try to create new drawing in WF5

4.] upload ProE data if it is possible

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

1) We are using M60. I talked to my admin. and he is being difficult on upgrading on a timley manor.

2) I scanned the printed drawing into my CPU. Default test is fine, its when we use Shannon

3) I have created a new drawing in WF5 and still have issue

4) Not sure what data your need?

Thanks for the help guys.

ALSO,

I just did a little test.

Only all TrueType fonts have this issue. so its not just Shannon. The Pro-e fonts work fine.

Another weird thing it that is onyl happens to the horizontal ordinate dims. NOT the vertical ordinate dims.

It may be a service pack issue but not sure

Ryan,

can you upload ProE part and ProE drawing for testing purposes ?

Note:

ProE WF3 strokes all fonts, when you print. In ProE WF5 you have to set this option in Settings dialog box before you start print (or generating PDF output). Please try it.

Note:

What kind of printer do you use. Is it Postscript printer ?

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

The strokes all fonts was the trick. Something so silly and easy.

Thanks for the help.

Top Tags