cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Problem Sweep

C_Spagnolli
13-Aquamarine

Problem Sweep

Hi,

I can't make a sweep because the section is too long and the internal radius gives me problems. To solve the problem I have to create 2 sweeps but I would like to use only 1.

Sketch sweep direction & sections

foto1.JPG

First sweep maintaining the internal radius

foto2.JPG

foto4.JPG

Second sweep without radius

foto5.JPG

foto3.JPG

4 REPLIES 4
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:C_Spagnolli)

Can you make your sweep profile follow the inside of the profile being swept instead of the outside? It looks like the inside of the profile being swept overlaps itself in the radius area and therefor fails.

I can't because I have to keep the external radius.

foto6.JPG

 The external radiu is different.

foto7.JPG

There is a setting to exclude segments example the radius when given the excessive length it becomes impossible to create it.

Not sure if it will helps, but maybe try using the variable section sweep with 2 rails?  The guiding one is the curved one and the 2nd chain is the one corresponding to the "mitered" corner:

pausob_1-1617768599630.png

It gives mostly the same surfaces as the 2-sweep method you are trying to avoid, but has interesting effects at the centre.  And it definitely needs a large radius at the back rail for it to even work.

Anyway, I think in this case you need to use 2 features?  So grouping is useful to maintain the design intent.

C_Spagnolli
13-Aquamarine
(To:pausob)

I tried to do the variable section sweep and find it unstable, example when the radius is too small.

But it might be the right choice.

If I write to support could they develop this sweep?

Top Tags