cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Problems with AFX Creo Parametrics 3.0

rsantos
1-Newbie

Problems with AFX Creo Parametrics 3.0

I'm working on a go kart frame. The problem is that I'm using the Student Edition and it only allows me to build 20 frame parts in one asm. How can I exceed this number ?

6 REPLIES 6

Not sure if the Student Edition allows you to use the full version but you have to specifically call out framework in your psf file. If you go to the install directory go to the Creo Parametric bin folder. there should be a reconfigure.exe. use that to setup your licensing. 7-21-2015 9-08-55 AM.png

7-21-2015 9-09-28 AM.png

7-21-2015 9-10-21 AM.png

7-21-2015 9-10-38 AM.png

7-21-2015 9-11-11 AM.png

The next time you launch you should have a couple of options. NOTE: this is for out of the box configuration if you have any other custom launchers this may be different.

Thanks for your help Andy.

I don't know what you meant when you said "psl file", but I followed your steps and ended up here:
AFX.jpg

And I couldn't find any AFX or Advanced_Framework option. I think I'll try to contact any PTC representant to ask if this problem is associated with the Student Edition license and if there's anyway to fix it.

Sounds good. I wasnt sure if PTC allowed full use of AFX for that or now. That screen shot looks like a no. The .psf file is what tells creo what features to use. Its the manual way of doing what is in the screenshots in a text file.

Good luck.

suman7
1-Newbie
(To:rsantos)

hello, did you solve that issue with AFX? I am trying to design a chassis, but it doesn't allow me to use more than 20 parts in the frame. how can I solve this?

JimBarrettSmith
14-Alexandrite
(To:suman7)

Hi 

Do you see license feature 213 in your license file?

If you do not then you do not have access to the full version of AFX. in which case you should speak with the education team as i believe AFX and IFX is now included with the latest student license

JimBarrettSmith
14-Alexandrite
(To:suman7)

Hi 

Do you see license feature 213 in your license file?

If you do not then you do not have access to the full version of AFX. in which case you should speak with the education team as i believe AFX and IFX is now included with the latest student license

Top Tags