cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Productview - Highlighting parts

hvaradharajan
1-Newbie

Productview - Highlighting parts

Hi all,

Iam using Productview Professional 9.1 M060.

When I browse the assembly structure after loading a PVZ , If I click on a sub assembly or part in the assembly tree, why the geometry in the graphics window is not highlighted (just like Pro/E)?

Also when I click on the geometry , why the part is not highlighted in the assembly tree?(just like Pro/E).

This drives me crazy, and do you guys have any solution , like a setting or preference?

Or is this a PTC "rule"?

Thanks in advance

Hari

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

could you check option > Navigation > highlighting > set to filled/ wireframe. This should enable you to over come the problem.

Hi,

My settings are already as per what you told.

It works only when you click on a .prt in the tree, not for a .asm. (But Pro/E does for .asm also)

If you click on a part in the assembly structure its geometry, the geometry will not get highlighted. You have to expand the .asm tree and select all parts to get them highlighted.

On the other hand, when I click a geometry in model, iam not happy about the way in which the .prt or asm gets highlighted in the tree....I could barely see it highlighted in the tree because it is in a very very feeble color..How to change this to bold?

Thanks

Hari

Yes,selecting assembly structure wouldnt highlight in the version that you are using. This is due the fact the sub-asm. do not contain an associated goem. file to visualise. This problemhave been resolved in Creo View 10. Similarly the visibility of the tree selection also improved.

I had mis-understood your original statement that the highlighting do not work when you select both .prt/ .asm from the tree.

Thanks,

I should open a "Enhancement request" to fix this "bug" for Product view 9.1... Correct?

Why cant they solve it in 9.1 itself?

wish I should have 'Like' button. 🙂

Top Tags