cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Properties on RMB not availible

bking221
4-Participant

Properties on RMB not availible

I am using V5.0.2.0 and I can not add the "properties" selection to my RMB.

I am trying to pull up the properties of a dimension, I have gone to the customize tab to add "properties" to the RMB however it is greyed out. There are several other selections that I am having this problem with. Any help would be greatly appreciated

8 REPLIES 8

The item is grayed out, may not be what you are looking for.  If you hover over the option, a help pop-out will tell you the path to that option:

AmitDeshpande_0-1584040954269.png

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:bking221)

I don't believe there is a "properties" dialog box anymore.

If you select the dimension, all the "properties" are in the ribbon immediately upon selection.

Maybe I am misunderstanding what you are really wanting to do so please clarify if necessary.

press CTRL+A?
maybe you have open another pop-up open on the background or something from
the menu manager?
bking221
4-Participant

What I am specifically trying to do is replace the dimension with a letter for a tabulated drawing, however when I just use the dimension text feature in the ribbon it repopulates the dimension and then places it in brackets. In the older creo versions it was much easier to override that and put whatever you wanted. It was accessed in the properties pop up menu

Creo-1.PNG

Thanks

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

You need to change the @D to @O and then a space and the the "A"  (or put the "A") in front of the @ symbol to avoid the additional space.

bking221
4-Participant
(To:Dale_Rosema)

Thanks, that worked perfectly. As a general question, is there no way to add the properties pop up menu to anything now? I went through and added "properties" to every possible category and for the majority it is not showing up

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

I am in Creo 4.0 and the do not see a "properties" in the RMB. If I make a note, then the properties box is there. I mumbled and complained, but got used to it after having moved from WF5.0.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

Guess this answers my question of the "drafting/detailing" interface in versions beyond Creo 4 s#ck as bad as they do in Creo 4, and, yup.  Think when I buy Creo for my personal PC that I just bought, that I'll stick with Creo 3 M180.  the ONE measly actual new tool (making midplanes) in Creo 4 isn't wirth how much I HATE the interface.  Not that PTC cares though.  Anyone got a legit Creo 3 copy for sale?  🙂

Top Tags