cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Publish geometry - Copy Geometry

VladimirPalffy
13-Aquamarine

Publish geometry - Copy Geometry

Do you need to Copy geometry from one model to another one - use Publish Geometry and Copy Geometry features:

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy
5 REPLIES 5

Hi Vladimir, i actually had need to use this a few weeks back & discovered that this functionality would not work for me. The Publish Geometry icon was always 'greyed out'. Should this be available in core Creo release or is a special license required?

Regards

John

Dear John,
Yes you are right. You need a special license for this functionality - AAX (Assembly advanced extension)
This license include also interchange assembly, skeleton, top down design, etc.

Best regards Vladimir
Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

I thought as much. We used to have an AAX license here years ago, i would have to check if its still available. Having said that i usually get by using external copy geometry via assemblies.

Regards

John

Hi John,
Publish/Copy Geometry are part of Advanced Assembly Extension (AXX). In core Creo these functions are not available.

Being new to Creo 4, I just noticed there is the "local" referencing available in the copy geom feature:

copy_geom_local.png

Usually I use "external" or "assembly" referencing.  I'm curious if anyone uses this "local" referencing to copy geometry - and why?

Top Tags