cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Publish geometry and Windchill relationships

khimani_mohiki
14-Alexandrite

Publish geometry and Windchill relationships

We want to start making use of Publish geometry and Merge / Inheritance features in Creo, but there is very little information about what type of relationships this creates in Windchill. We have had many problems in the past with extenal references causing many unwanted items to be collected when we initiate workflows.

I can see that copying published geometry into a part creates different types of references depending on whether you have update control set to 'Automatic' or 'Manual'

'Manual' creates a reference type 'Default'

'Automatic' creates a reference type 'Relation Reference'

But I cant find any documentation about these types of relation

We currently use a very crazy method of using family tables to create left and and right hand versions of parts where we create all the variant geometry in the generic and then turn it on and off in the respective instances, it is very robust because instances and generics can be found very easily from within Creo and within Windchill. I would prefer to move to using publish geometry as the family table methods can only have one designer working on the instances at any one time, but I need to understand how objects are linked in Windchill and how they are collected into workspaces and Change tasks through these relationships.

Any help much appreciated.

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags