cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Quantity in BOM table

gpeetersem
11-Garnet

Quantity in BOM table

Hi guys,

we are working with Creo3.0 without Windchill and we are trying to generate some kind of "structural" BOM table to use in our assemblies.

This BOM table will contain all parts of the assembly in the structure as the assembly is been assembled. So the table will look a bit as this:

• ASSY-0001 (1x)
    • ASSY-0100 (2x)
      • PART-1000 (1x) -> (total=2x1 + 1x1 = 3x)
      • PART-1001 (1x) -> (total=2x)
      • PART-1023 (1x) -> (total=2x)
    • ASSY-0200 (1x)
      • PART-1000 (1x) -> (total=3x)
      • PART-2000 (1x)
      • PART-2010 (1x)
    • ASSY-0300 (1x)
      • WELD-ASSY-3000 (1x)
        • PART-3001 (1x)
        • PART-3002 (1x)
      • PART-3010 (1x)
      • PART-3011 (1x)

So far this isn't a problem, I just can sort my table on "rpt_level" and it will result in the correct structure.

In this table I also can get the quantities of all parts, without any problem by using the parameter "rpt_qty". This will result in the quantity of all parts in that "level" (sub assembly)

But now I'd also like to have the total quantity of each part in the BOM table. So this means that if some parts are in multiple sub-assemblies, the BOM-table will show the quantity of all parts in the main assembly. Does anyone know how to achieve this?

Below you can find a screenshot of the BOM table I have at the moment:

2017-04-14 10_52_34-2016211-0001 (Active) - PTC Creo Parametric.jpg

If it will help I can save the table-file here as well.

Thanks for your help guys!

8 REPLIES 8

Hi Geert,

You can get some further information on repeat region relations via the following Suggested Technique:

Suggested Technique for Using Report Relations to Control Repeat Region Parameters

Thanks,

Amit

Thanks for your answer Amit, but unfortunately we don't have acces anymore to the PTC portal, because we aren't under maintenance...

Do you know if this can be found as a PDF-file or something?

Regards,

Geert

Hey,

I don't think you need maintenance to access the document, just a valid username and password.

See if you can create an account here and access the following document:

CS32734 - How to use repeat region relations to control Repeat Region Parameters in Creo Parametric

Thanks,

Amit

I tried it -

Access Denied - Insufficient Privileges

You are currently setup with a Basic PTC.com Account that does not provide access to this area of eSupport. This means that you may have an active PTC Global Support agreement however you have not yet Upgraded your Account to reflect your Support entitlements. To access this area please Upgrade Your Account.

Note: You will need your Customer Number and either a Service Contract Number (SCN), Sales Order Number (SON) or Site Number in order to upgrade your account. This information is available in the Software Order Fulfillment email you received when the software was purchased. If you cannot locate this information, or would like more information around our Support Packages, please contact your company Administrator or a PTC Global Support Representative.

I apologize.  I guess you do need to have Maintenance.

Hi,

I think Creo repeat region functionality does not allow you to "compute" information for your Total QTY column.

Maybe you can save table as CSV file and "compute" information for your Total QTY column in Excel and then put it manually back into Creo table.

MH

Martin Hanák

Hey guys,

thanks for your answers, but it seems that it won't work in Creo it selves.

At the moment I've created 2 lists (one with the structure and one with the total quantity) and I've created one list in Excel with both Creo lists.

@Amit:thanks for your help, but if there is a chance to create a pdf-file of the article, it will help me in the future...

Cheers!

Hallo gpeetersem

Could you tell me, please, how I can get the Member of assembly  to the BOM? Like in your BOM. What is the report symbol? Attributes are No Dup/Level and Recursive?

Thank you in advance

Vaclav

Top Tags