cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Questions regard BOM

Mirui
6-Contributor

Questions regard BOM

1. How to excude out assembly level features in the BOM?
  2. creo1.jpg
  3. Sometimes supplier's 3D model is an assembly, so i only need top assembly to show in the BOM, how to excude out it's subpart and subassembly items in the BOM? (In solidworks i can simplely check not show in BOM)
  4. When you have big assembly file, you group your parts into subassembly file, so i don't care this subassembly in the BOM, all i need is all the parts and subassembly in it. (In Solidworks, i just simplely promote everything in that assemble file then only shows parts in side.)
  5. How to export above adjusted BOM into excel? and how to do that without create a drawing? (Solidworks can build BOM table straight in modelling interface)
9 REPLIES 9
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:Mirui)

@Mirui wrote:
  1. How to excude out assembly level features in the BOM?creo1.jpg
  2. Sometimes supplier's 3D model is an assembly, so i only need top assembly to show in the BOM, how to excude out it's subpart and subassembly items in the BOM? (In solidworks i can simplely check not show in BOM)
  3. When you have big assembly file, you group your parts into subassembly file, so i don't care this subassembly in the BOM, all i need is all the parts and subassembly in it. (In Solidworks, i just simplely promote everything in that assemble file then only shows parts in side.)
  4. How to export above adjusted BOM into excel? and how to do that without create a drawing? (Solidworks can build BOM table straight in modelling interface)

Hi,

1.] I have never seen assembly BOM containing assembly features

2.] in Creo 8.0 inseparable assembly finsctionality was implemented

https://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/r8.0/usascii/index.html#page/assembly/asm/inseperable_assemblies/About_Inseparable_Assemblies.html 

3.] you can set filter rule ... &asm.mbr.type == PART

4.] you can save repeat region table as CSV file

you can save BOM from assembly mode, too ... as text file ... unfortunatelly this option is difficult to configure

Martin Hanák
Mirui
6-Contributor
(To:MartinHanak)

You can add feature ad assembly level, that's why i got line 39-44

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

@Mirui wrote:

You can add feature ad assembly level, that's why i got line 39-44

Hi,

I know how to create assembly feature ... but I have never seen assembly BOM containing assembly features.

Martin Hanák
KenFarley
21-Topaz I

Are these entries actually assembly cut features?

Often when I import supplier STEP files and the like into Creo the parts in an assembly are named after whatever was the last feature used to create the part. I.e. FILLET37, or EXTRUDE_99.

Could it be that these odd entries in your Bill of Materials table are actually strangely named parts in an assembly?

The type of assemblies I see this in a lot are those generated by automated model creation software.

@KenFarley wrote:

Are these entries actually assembly cut features?

Often when I import supplier STEP files and the like into Creo the parts in an assembly are named after whatever was the last feature used to create the part. I.e. FILLET37, or EXTRUDE_99.

Could it be that these odd entries in your Bill of Materials table are actually strangely named parts in an assembly?

The type of assemblies I see this in a lot are those generated by automated model creation software.

Hi,

please can you upload such STEP file -OR- provide download link ?

Martin Hanák

Sure, I just had to find one. We don't keep the STEP file around, since it's not of any practical use once imported.

Just in case a ZIP file is forbidden, here's the link to the place I got the file (McMaster-Carr product information):

www.mcmaster.com/74995K63/ 

This is not an uncommon occurrence. I think it depends upon the software that is being used to generate the STEP file.

@KenFarley wrote:

Sure, I just had to find one. We don't keep the STEP file around, since it's not of any practical use once imported.

Just in case a ZIP file is forbidden, here's the link to the place I got the file (McMaster-Carr product information):

www.mcmaster.com/74995K63/ 

This is not an uncommon occurrence. I think it depends upon the software that is being used to generate the STEP file.

Thanks for your willingness !

Martin Hanák
Mirui
6-Contributor
(To:MartinHanak)

I think i found the solution for #2 and #3

set new parameter: BOM_DISPLAY, then filter out by BOM_DISPLAY = yes to control which to show which not show.

The only drawback is i have to add this to every part manually.

Chris3
20-Turquoise

Just to follow up on What @MartinHanak said you can filter on name as well:

Table Tab -> Repeat Region -> Filters -> Pick BOM Table -> Edit

Then put add the line below or customize it as needed

&asm.mbr.name != *CUT-EXTRUDE*

Top Tags