cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Quick Export Location

RussC
5-Regular Member

Quick Export Location

In Creo, under "Save As" is an option "Quick Export". I would like to change the default location where files are saved when using the quick export feature. I have searched through all the config options and I can't find a config to define the destination. Does anyone know how to control this? By the way, preferred_export_format config option will allow you to change the format in which the quick export saves in.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:RussC)

Russ,

I guess that "Quick Export" saves files into current working directory. Is it true ?

I do not believe that there is some option which sets target directory for these files.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
RussC
5-Regular Member
(To:MartinHanak)

We use Windchill, so the active directory is our workspace. It appears to save the files into the load point in which our local workspace cache is saved. In our setup it is ther user/My Documents folder. I am trying to push all dwg exports into a network location where our machine operators can access them on the shop floor. I can move them manually, but I thought it would be nice to have it automated. Maybe I can do a secial icon mapkey that will do the export to the appropriate location?

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:RussC)

Russ,

I am sending the result of testing ...

1.]

Usually I am working with Creo Parametric 2.0 without Windchill, so I connected to it for now.

2.]

My config.pro contains the following option:

---

file_open_default_folder working_directory

---

This setting is not recommend for sessions linked to Windchill.

My colleague suggests to set file_open_default_folder workspace in such situation.

3.]

On my desktop there is a shortcut for launching Creo Parametric 2.0.

Start in property is set to D:\tmp\creo.

Files created by Quick Export command are saved in D:\tmp\creo directory. This cause by settings mentioned in step 2. and 3.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Top Tags