cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

ROTATING A VIEW

dbolden
4-Participant

ROTATING A VIEW

Is there a way to rotate a section view in the drawing?  The section I need is horizontal but I would like to rotate 90°. 

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:dbolden)

In your model, redefine section a to be on the correct plane that is parallel to the view you want it to be on.

Or are you trying to show section a-a in a non-orthographic projection location? In that case, take your top view which shows section a-a, make it a general view an the rotate the view to the orientation you desire.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

you will need to place a general view in the orientation you need then apply your section to it.

dbolden
4-Participant
(To:RonSt.Pierre)

When I do that it only displays half the view and not the section I want.  See attached.  What I want is on top, but I would like to rotated that 90° Clockwise.  What I get when I place the general view as a right view and then apply my section is on the right.  It simply cuts the top half off with the section plane.  VIEW ROTATED.jpg

Don,

So I took a part I had and created a new general view, not projected, rotated it 90 degrees then applied the cross section

sect-view.png

I left my planes on so you can see how I placed my view (upper right)

Is this what you are trying to accomplish?

--as a thought while I was doing this, in your example, did you flip your planar view to see if that was the problem

flipview.png

just thinking... which is a dangerous thing for me to do!

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:dbolden)

In your model, redefine section a to be on the correct plane that is parallel to the view you want it to be on.

Or are you trying to show section a-a in a non-orthographic projection location? In that case, take your top view which shows section a-a, make it a general view an the rotate the view to the orientation you desire.

Top Tags